- How to buy office supplies?
- How can you save money on office supplies?
- What are the most suitable solutions for your company?
How to choose your office supplies suppliers:
The "office supplies" sector can be distinguished by 3 categories of players
- Les acteurs nationaux/régionaux : Deroanne, IPL Business
- Les acteurs internationaux : Office Depot, Lyreco, Staples, Fiducial
- Les acteurs de vente par correspondance : Viking direct, Otto office, JM Bruneau
- The ordering tool
- Delivery times
- Delivery costs
- Product quality (especially the white label offered by the supplier)
- Financing: can you pay in multiple times?
You can also consider buying second-hand equipment. Points that renew their furniture or computer equipment after only a few years sell at very attractive prices.
Some suppliers specialise in second-hand or reconditioned equipment.
- Office Furniture : Oka
- Material : Apple, Backmarket
- Computer licences : Usedsoft
- Ink cartridges : Reprocart, MIG (migdp.be)
SOME TIPS TO REDUCE YOUR EXPENSES
How can you reduce your office supply costs without degrading the quality of your services?
- Draw up a list of all your orders for a whole year
- Draw up a list of specifications that includes the most important references using the Pareto principle (20% of your references represent 80% of your budget)
- Consult a minimum of 3 suppliers and send them your specifications.
- Make grouped orders to avoid transport costs
- Store supplies in a secure place to avoid theft and consumption peaks during the back-to-school period. Assign the distribution of office supplies to a single employee
- Limit the use of expensive individual printers and offer something in return, such as a second monitor
- Embark on a paperless challenge and provide efficient scanning tools like Genius Scan
>> READ ALSO: Comparison of fuel cards in Belgium 2021